An exciting opportunity to work in an independent, influential B Corp driven by a mission to make a big impact in the financial services industry, through sustainable and impact investment.
Worthstone provides financial advisers and wealth managers with a gateway into the world of sustainable investment. For the last ten years we have worked tirelessly to promote this approach, which helps channel investment into organisations that meet the greatest needs of society and the environment, changing people’s lives for the better!
The profile of sustainable investment has grown significantly, and Worthstone is set to capture this opportunity with the range of product offerings we have available. We are now looking to recruit an Operations Manager who can help Worthstone meet the challenge of this exciting growth phase. So, if you are looking for a role where you can make a real difference to society, and the planet, read on….
The Operations Manager will be the key support and point of contact for the CEO, managing the smooth running of all the business activities, implementing long term strategies and improvements in effective working across the business.
This vital and varied role will provide support across many areas including business operations, client relationship management, sales, conference management, marketing and communications. Working within our small, dynamic team you will have a high level of autonomy and a direct impact on the results Worthstone achieves.
Strong candidates will bring senior level experience in business operations and administration, as well as being highly proficient with digital and online platforms and demonstrating excellent communication skills. Alongside a desire to work in the impact investment market and a socially driven business, a proactive, solutions-focused “can do” attitude is essential to flourish in our small team!
- Working alongside the leadership team you will help implement our growth strategy by:
- Proactively managing and improving the smooth running and effectiveness of the business operations, processes, and systems
- Being the lead contact for key accounts (financial advisers and asset managers), dealing with all enquiries both internally, and externally with our stakeholders at all levels from CEO to interns
- Ensuring all operations are up to date in line with current legislation and accreditation requirements, actively seeking out and implementing new, best practice opportunities
- Leading the client onboarding process to include: screening prospective clients; organising online demos; updating the CRM (Pipedrive); monitoring and reporting on KPIs
- Taking responsibility for design, management, and co-ordination of the annual flagship Impact Investment Academy conference (> 250 delegates, in person/ virtual/ hybrid), including post event surveys and analysis
- Updating and publishing communications content including website, e-newsletter and social media platforms (Twitter/LinkedIn)
- Maintaining an up-to-date and fully functioning company website in collaboration with web developer and designer.
Skills and experience – essential
- Senior/manager level or at least 5 years’ experience in business operations, administration and support
- Experience in leading projects and knowledge of project management tools
- Proficient with CRM databases, able to analyse data and draw insights from business analytics
- Advanced IT skills including all MS Office applications
- Proficient with social media and updating websites
- Excellent communication skills and confidence in stakeholder relationship building and management
- Excellent written English and grammar and the ability to write engaging content and proof-read reports
Skills and experience – desirable
- Experience of conference or events management
- Experience of working in financial services or a related sector
- Use of the following platforms Pipedrive, Wrike, Survey Monkey, Eventbrite, Mailchimp
- Knowledge of B Corp accreditation requirements
- Experience of recruitment and supervisory responsibilities
- Driven by the prospect of working in a socially focused organisation and making a significant contribution towards an impactful B Corp’s mission
- Passionate about the role financial services can play in contributing to a world that benefits all people and planet, and basic understanding of the sustainable investment market
- Business focused, with an ability to understand, prioritise and balance day-to-day with long-term goals and deliverables
- Comfortable working in a dynamic ‘start-up’ like environment. Flexible, effective and resourceful in a varied role
- Comfortable interacting with a wide range of participants (CEO to interns) and organisations
- Collaborative and able to thrive within a small team, working independently as required demonstrating good initiative and self-motivation
- A highly organised and efficient multi-tasker, able to work to tight deadlines with a keen eye for detail and high standards
- Have the right to work in the UK.
- The opportunity to work in a purpose driven certified B Corporation, where your day-to-day work results in positive outcomes for society
- Support with external training to help you reach your full potential
- A working environment in which there is scope for you to shape the role to your own strengths
- Flexible working within business hours
- Flexible office/remote working time split
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Workplace pension scheme
Working for us
Worthstone is proud to have been awarded the “Best for the World” accolade for Governance in 2021, which means we’re in the top 5% of B Corps for our size globally. B Corps are companies that value purpose as much as profit – promoting a ‘better’ way of doing business and helping build a more inclusive and sustainable economy.
The successful applicant will enjoy a highly rewarding career working for a progressive company which invests in its staff and values and rewards individual contribution.
Interviews will be scheduled as and when suitable candidates apply. We thank everyone for your applications, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Worthstone Limited is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. You and any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex (gender) or sexual orientation (Protected Characteristics). A copy of this policy is available on request.